Target and Personalize Experiences with Point-and-Click Ease.
One of the greatest advantages that comes from using ion is a firsthand understanding of your visitors. There’s always a new way you want to target or personlize for them. We created ion’s advanced rules to serve your never-ending desire for more, more, more. It lets you create and test the targeting and personalization you dream up. And it lets you do it with point-and-click ease—no code, no developers, no waiting.
With 33 conditions, 27 actions and the ability to layer them over one another, there’s almost no limit to how you can target and personalize flow, content, forms and data. Want to change a user’s experience based on previous visits or behaviors? Check. How about routing or personalization based on geo-location or day of the week? No problem. Keyword or content substitution? You got it. Multistep survey or quiz? Yep.
We have some serious power-users who have yet to wear out ion’s advanced rules. So go ahead and create complex interactions usually reserved for only the most sophisticated of custom web applications. You can do it—without code, without waiting and without outside help.
“We can easily deploy online campaigns, track results and modify campaigns in real-time to optimize our spend while providing a consistent, flexible framework for click landing experiences.”— Citrix Systems
33 Ways to Target
Targeting starts with conditions. When conditions are met, personalization can happen. As you can see in the conditions menu at the left, ion can target some pretty cool things. User agent string can be used to serve up device-optimized experiences (for mobile or tablet devices). Geolocation can be used to target based on location. Previous behaviors or visits can be used to trigger more relevant messages. The opportunities for targeting and personalization are virtually endless.
Power users can leverage things like referring domain name, a previously written cookie, time of day, browser language or region, and more. ion collects and gives you access to visitor data so you can craft highly specific experiences. Advanced rules let you get specific to get results.
- 33 Targeting Conditions—geolocation, keywords, previous visit characteristics, behaviors and more.
- Internal and External Data Sources—sure you can target using ion’s internal visitor data, but you can also use external big data to drive your targeting.
27 Ways to Personalize
Once you use big data to target, you need to do something with it. It’s time to personalize. Actions can be triggered to make your landing experiences more and more specific and more and more effective. By combining targeting and personalization, ion can create highly complex interactions usually reserved for custom-developed web applications—all with point-and-click ease—no code, no developers, no waiting. Check out the list of available actions at the right.
- Flow Personalization— actions affect flow—letting you send visitors to ion pages, external pages, files or other URLs—based on your targeting.
- Data Personalization—actions also let you attach data like tags, grades or converted flags to visitor records—giving you opportunities to indicate lead qualification status and pass important data to your CRM or sales team.
- Email Personalization—trigger emails to be sent to the visitor, ion administrators or others using send and notify actions. Deliver files, coupons, discount codes, instructions or just say ‘thank you’ or ‘nice to meet you’ using emails you setup in ion’s email library.
- Content Actions—personalize pages with content passed in on the query string, the visitor’s name or specific conditional content. You can even substitute different forms into pages based on conditions—for example, giving returning, non-converting visitors a shorter form than first-timers.