At ion interactive we talk a lot about landing page optimization tactics. Creating relevancy, driving urgency, compelling the visitor forward are just a few of the elements we think are key ingredients to a successful landing page program. Because of that, ion’s marketing team decided to think outside the box a bit with a recent nurture campaign.
Instead of doing the traditional thought leadership campaign with whitepaper content, we decided to create an interactive quiz that would give us key insights into visitor behavior including their knowledge of landing page optimization. We are sticklers for testing, so we maintained a testing element at the form level. Here are the details of the campaign:
- Concept: Landing Page Optimization IQ Quiz
- Content: 13 questions covering testing concepts
- Testing: Pre-quiz versus post-quiz form
- Flow: Included a step indicator
- Delivery: A respondent could range “LPO Novice” to “LPO Guru”
There were several things we loved about this internally including:
- Great understanding from respondents about their LPO knowledge in an engaging, non-evasive way. We had more than 3,300 respondents with 32.3% scoring as LPO Guru, 41.97% scoring as a LPO Pro, 16.49% scoring as a Landing Page Apprentice, and 9.28% scoring as a Landing Page Novice.
- The content sparked great conversations with a previously dis-engaged audience through to the sales side.
- It delivered great performance - yielding the most click- through of any recent email campaign to that base.
- We learned about the influence of form placement on conversions. The path that included a post-quiz/pre-results form outperformed the pre-quiz form path by 19.5%.
What we found is that sometimes the best landing pages aren’t the traditional “idea” of landing pages at all. Ensuring that you keep relevancy and engagement top of mind – you can create amazing web experiences that convert. If you want to take a look at our Landing Page Optimization Quiz, check it out here .