TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
ion, on behalf of its customers, collects certain information through its customer's websites. Some of the information collected is anonymous data regarding the usage of the website. This information does not personally identify users, by itself or in combination with other information, and is gathered to improve the performance of the website. The anonymous data collected by ion or our customers can include information such as the type of browser you are using, and the length of the visit to the website.
Some of the information collected is personally identifiable information, which may include your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, company name, and company information. This information will be input by you in response to prompts when using our customer's websites. If you do not wish to have your personally identifiable information collected, then you should not use the customer website or make use of any tools the customer provides, if any, for opting out of the collection of your personally identifiable information.
INFORMATION OUR CUSTOMER MAY PLACE ON YOUR COMPUTER'S HARD DRIVE
When you view our customer's websites, ion's software may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a "Cookie" or similar file and will help us and our customer in many ways. A Cookie is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then store the Cookie on your hard drive. If a Cookie is stored on your computers hard drive, the next time you visit the same website, we can recognize you. For example, Cookies are used to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drives, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. Note that certain web site functionality may not work if Cookies are blocked.
We use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to help collect information that enables us to track the existence and/or nature of web-based interactions that take place via our customer's websites. Web beacons help us to analyze where users go and what they do while visiting our customer's websites. A web beacon is a clear electronic image. A web beacon will recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you view a website that is connected to that web beacon. We may also use anonymous information about your visits to our customer's websites in order to improve our customer's products and services and help them provide relevant and useful information about goods and services of interest to you.
When you visit our customer's website, our computers automatically record certain information, which may include your web request, your interaction with a service, the Internet Protocol address of the computer from which you are accessing the website, your browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Except as otherwise stated below, we do not sell, trade or rent your personally identifiable information collected on the site to others. When you do provide us with personally identifiable information, we may use it as follows:
- Our customers have access to all personally identifiable information collected through their websites and they may use and disclose such personally identifiable information in accordance with their privacy policies.
- Our service providers, if any, have access to the information we collect in order to help us deliver our service to our customers.
- We may disclose the information to third parties when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with the rights or property (either intentionally or unintentionally) of ion, our customers or any other user of our customer's websites.
- We may disclose the information in response to the request of a law enforcement agency.
- We may disclose the information to third parties when we believe in good faith that the law requires it (such as responding to a subpoena or court order).
- We may disclose the information to third parties when we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to enforce any legal terms or conditions that may apply to usage of this website or our customer's websites.
ion and our customers may use non-personal "aggregated data" to enhance the operation of our software, our customer's websites, or analyze interest in the areas, or the efficacy of those websites.
ion takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. These include internal reviews of our data collection, transmission, storage, and processing practices, as well as encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store the information we collect. We restrict access to the data we collect to our employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These parties are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online.</p>